Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by springrider <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/19 19:12:59 UTC

Lenya: Additional module (photo gallery, Events, Forum)+ configuration requirements

Good morning

I need to quickly develop a new website. I am really interested by Lenya but
i could go forward with that CMS when i would be sure that a events
calendar, a photo gallery and a forum can be easily set up. Is there already
existing modules/extensions which could be easily added?

On the other hand, i would like to have your feedback about the different
levels of use with permission restriction. Can we easily set up reviewer,
editor, approver, administrator rights? Is it also possible to have
restricted access to specific pages of a website?

At last, considering that the web server in my organization is IIS, is it
convenient to install Lenya with Cocoon on that kind of Web server?

Thanks for your replies and your help.

Regards

Sylvain

Re: Lenya: Additional module (photo gallery, Events, Forum)+ configuration requirements

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
hello sylvain!

springrider wrote:
> Good morning
>
> I need to quickly develop a new website. I am really interested by Lenya but
> i could go forward with that CMS when i would be sure that a events
> calendar, a photo gallery and a forum can be easily set up. Is there already
> existing modules/extensions which could be easily added?

not yet. we should really provide these features some day, but atm, all
developer resources are tied up in the release effort.

> On the other hand, i would like to have your feedback about the different
> levels of use with permission restriction. Can we easily set up reviewer,
> editor, approver, administrator rights? Is it also possible to have
> restricted access to specific pages of a website?

yes, that is possible. lenya's new access control is quite
sophisticated. your 3-tier workflow (editor-reviewer-approver) however
is not supported out-of-the-box and will require minor modifications.
lenya supports a 2-tier workflow (editor-reviewer) by default, which
should be ok for most usage scenarios.

> At last, considering that the web server in my organization is IIS, is it
> convenient to install Lenya with Cocoon on that kind of Web server?

i don't use windows, but i don't think iis can run java servlets, right?
so you will have to run a java servlet engine such as jetty (included)
or tomcat and have your iis work as a proxy. there is very good
documentation on how to do it with apache, but none yet for iis, and i'm
not aware of any iis-based deployments. anyone?

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: Lenya: Additional module (photo gallery, Events, Forum)+ configuration requirements

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
springrider wrote:

>Good morning
>
>I need to quickly develop a new website. I am really interested by Lenya but
>i could go forward with that CMS when i would be sure that a events
>calendar, a photo gallery and a forum

AFAIK no such modules exist as out-of-the-box open source

> can be easily set up. Is there already
>existing modules/extensions which could be easily added?
>
>On the other hand, i would like to have your feedback about the different
>levels of use with permission restriction. Can we easily set up reviewer,
>editor, approver, administrator rights? Is it also possible to have
>restricted access to specific pages of a website?

yes

>At last, considering that the web server in my organization is IIS, is it
>convenient to install Lenya with Cocoon on that kind of Web server?

Lenya should also work fine on Windows.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup