Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2016/04/22 04:47:16 UTC

Continuous Queries

Local listener is executed on local client ignite node or on the remote
ignite server node?

If it is executed on local client node and I start several client node, can
it do loadbalance and enhance listener processing capabilities?

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
BTW, you can also download the nightly build to try the new functionality:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#nightly-builds

-Val

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As far as I know, it's very close and should be sent for a vote soon. I
would recommend to monitor the dev list [1] for the latest news.

[1] http://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#mail-lists

-Val

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
Do you know when version 1.6 will release?
This function is important to me.

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
Assuming a server node failure during processing, then what will happen?

Can it guarantees exactly once process(if my process is a cumulative
operation)?

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
The local listener is always executed on the node that executed the
continuous query (client node in your case). But the remote filter is
executed on the server node and you can use it to trigger server-side
processes. See annotated CacheEntryFilter class in the
CacheContinuousAsyncQueryExample.

-Val

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
I have tried CacheContinuousAsyncQueryExample.java in version 1.6, and found
that trigger queries(the process in qry.setLocalListener()) are still
executed in local client node, but not remote server nodes.

Is there any problem?

If I want to make the trigger queries to be executed in remote server node,
how can I do?

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In this case I would recommend to use continuous queries, but trigger
queries from the remote filter. Note that you should execute them
asynchronously in separate threads, without blocking the thread that invokes
the filter. In the current version you will have to manage these threads
manually. Starting with 1.6, this will be automated, like shown in this
example:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheContinuousAsyncQueryExample.java

-Val

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
My case is that after listening a process of inserting a record into an
ignite cache, do more than 5 SQL querys(such as seclet ... from ... where)
on other ignite caches according to this event.

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Generally speaking, continuous queries are designed to listen for data
updates, not for heavy computational tasks. Can you provide more information
about your use case? What are you trying to achieve?

-Val

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
If the process after the event has been listened is so complicated,
The burden of the node which started the query will be quite heavy.

How can I do to reduce the burden of nodes
If I start the same query on several nodes, can it do load balance?

Re: Continuous Queries

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Local listener is executed on the node which started the query. Essentially,
it's never transferred across network.

-Val