Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/30 17:04:38 UTC

Re: IGNITE-3180 : please add support for median, stddev, var in Ignite SQL

Hello!

As far as my understanding goes, it's a very non-trivial thing to calculate
median across nodes.
You end up needing to pull all the data in one place or use some
complicated iterative approach.

Same thing probably applies to std, though there might be shortcuts. Still
it's not as easy as just implementing collocated algorithm.

Denis, should we probably delist aggregate functions that aren't supported?

Ilya Kasnacheev