Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Cris Perdue <cr...@perdues.com> on 1999/01/29 20:50:58 UTC

mod_jserv/3797: Request servlet "log" requests be included in the JServDebug.trace() log

>Number:         3797
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Request servlet "log" requests be included in the JServDebug.trace() log
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I would like to see servlet "log" requests be included in
the JServDebug.trace() log directly by JServContext.log(String).
Just add one line to log them.  I'm logging them unconditionally,
but you all could add a bit to control them if you want to.

This would allow servlet logged messages to be correlated with JServ
tracing messages.  It would also cause them to be printed out immediately
without potentially waiting until the next response to a request; and it
would let people like me get the messages without having to figure out
how to turn on the right switch in the overall Apache configuration.  :-)
>How-To-Repeat:
Request for enhancement.
>Fix:
Add a line or two of code to JServContext to call

JServDebug.trace(message, LOG);