Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com> on 2004/01/15 19:19:17 UTC

upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Hi,

I have got compiled cocoon 2.1.3, is everything ok to upload on the cvs?

This is what I am going to move:

on xml-forrest/lib/endorsed/

deleting xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
deleting xalan-2.5.1.jar
xalan-2.5.2.jar
xercesImpl-2.5.0.jar
xml-apis.jar

on xml-forrest/lib/core

deleting nekodtd-dtd2xml.jar
deleting nekodtd-0.1.6.jar
deleting excalibur-xmlutil-20030520.jar
deleting excalibur-store-20030825.jar
deleting excalibur-sourceresolve-20030715.jar
deleting excalibur-i18n-1.0.jar
deleting excalibur-event-20030904.jar
deleting excalibur-component-1.1.jar
deleting cocoon-profiler-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-linkrewriter-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-html-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-fop-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-deprecated-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-chaperon-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-batik-block-20030920.jar
deleting cocoon-asciiart-block-20031129.jar
deleting cocoon-20030920.jar

upgrade:
batik-all-1.5.jar
cocoon-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-asciiart-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-batik-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-chaperon-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-deprecated-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-fop-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-html-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-linkrewriter-block-2.1.3.jar
cocoon-profiler-block-2.1.3.jar
excalibur-component-1.2-dev.jar
excalibur-event-api-1.0.4-dev.jar
excalibur-event-impl-1.0.4-dev.jar
excalibur-i18n-1.1.jar
excalibur-sourceresolve-1.0.2-dev.jar
excalibur-store-1.0-dev.jar
excalibur-xmlutil-1.0-dev.jar
nekodtd-0.1.9.jar
resolver-20030708.jar

Please, let me know if this is right, before I do it, so we do not waste
   bandwidth.

Cheers,
Cheche

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Marshall Roch wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a tool to verify unused jars?
>

> What do you mean?  Eclipse tells you when imports aren't used by the
> class...
>
> --
> Marshall Roch

There is some libraries on the lib/core for forrest, but I do not think
that we need all of then. I need a method to find out which ones should
not be there, so we reduce the size of our distribution.

Posted by Marshall Roch <ma...@exclupen.com>.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Dave,

>>Please, let me know if this is right, before I do it, so we do not waste
>>   bandwidth.
>>

> You've tested it on a few projects, right?

I am on that process right now...

BTW: about batik-all-1.5.jar
I am not going to upgrade this one, as we use the one from fop 0.20.5.

Plus I am going to do this as well:

deleting excalibur-concurrent-20020820.jar
deleting excalibur-cli-1.0.jar
deleting excalibur-datasource-vm12-20021121.jar
deleting jakarta-oro-2.0.6.jar

upgrade commons-lang-1.0.1.jar --> commons-lang-2.0.jar

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>:

> Dave,
>
> Please test that your problem has gone.
>
> I just upload the changes.

It works!  Thanks again.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got compiled cocoon 2.1.3, is everything ok to upload on the cvs?

2.1.3 includes the bugfix I need, and is a better idea than the nightly
snapshot anyway.

Looks good by me.  Thanks cheche!

http://csx.calvin.edu - Calvin club

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> No way, almost all the Incubator site is done with .cwiki!
>
> Does this mean that the current commit has broken the cwiki files? :-?

I saw the wiki stuff failing before the commit, but I could be wrong

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Johan Kok wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> No way, almost all the Incubator site is done with .cwiki!
>>
>> Does this mean that the current commit has broken the cwiki files? :-?
>
> Sorry, Nicola..... it was not broken in terms of working with forrest
> (or for that manner with cocoon), it's merely that a lot of chaperone's
> functionality is "canned" and is not really usable. Hence the comment
> rather to wait for the cocoon upgrade of chaperone before upgrading it
> within Forrest, which should (hopefully) be a whole load better. That is
> if the usable functionality that does exist at the moment is not
> breaking completely.

Ah, ok. I'll check it.

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
 > I saw the wiki stuff failing before the commit, but I could be wrong

I always update http://incubator.apache.org/ with CVS Forrest, and did
so a couple of days ago.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org>.

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> No way, almost all the Incubator site is done with .cwiki!
>
> Does this mean that the current commit has broken the cwiki files? :-?

Sorry, Nicola..... it was not broken in terms of working with forrest
(or for that manner with cocoon), it's merely that a lot of chaperone's
functionality is "canned" and is not really usable. Hence the comment
rather to wait for the cocoon upgrade of chaperone before upgrading it
within Forrest, which should (hopefully) be a whole load better. That is
if the usable functionality that does exist at the moment is not
breaking completely.

Regards
Johan Kok

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org>.

David Crossley wrote:

>The only other issue that i can see at the moment is that
>Chaperon is now failing. Perhaps its "grammars" need updating too.

Chaperon's grammers weren't working properly in any case. There's been a
recent major chaperon upgrade, and Stephan Micheals is now working on a
cocoon upgrade. Hopefully that will resolve a number of chaperon's
problems.  I do not think it is a good time to upgrade chaperon before
the immenent cocoon release.

Regards
Johan Kok

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
David,
> You didn't give us time to answer :-)
> Anyway, many thanks for doing this upgrade.

You are right, I would  like to give more time, but I had everything
ready and I am traveling today and I would not have acces to that
station until next monday.

Re: upgrade cocoon lib on forrest

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> I have got compiled cocoon 2.1.3, is everything ok to upload on the cvs?
>
> This is what I am going to move:

<snip/>

> Please, let me know if this is right, before I do it, so we do not waste
>    bandwidth.

You didn't give us time to answer :-)
Anyway, many thanks for doing this upgrade.

I fixed a problem with duplicate Resolver jars.

The only other issue that i can see at the moment is that
Chaperon is now failing. Perhaps its "grammars" need updating too.

--David