Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/28 19:18:09 UTC

Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

The tagline on http://spark.apache.org/ says: "Apache Spark has an advanced
DAG execution engine that supports cyclic data flow and in-memory
computing."

Isn't that supposed to be "acyclic" rather than "cyclic"?

What does it mean to support cyclic data flow anyway?

Nick

Re: Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Aye aye, cap'n. PRrrrrrrrr incoming.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Nicholas,

Interesting. Just on the past Monday I was introducing spark and ran into
it but thought it's my poor English skills :-) Thanks for spotting it!

(I also think that the entire welcome page begs for a face lifting - it's
from pre-2.0 days)

Jacek