Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2006/09/14 08:02:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Velocity 1.5 beta1

The Velocity developers are proud to announce the first beta version of
Velocity 1.5.

The vote thread is here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-velocity-dev/200609.mbox/%3cedjd0n$aqh$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e

and the result is here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-velocity-dev/200609.mbox/%3ceduht6$5fd$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e

This is an unstable release and is intended as a preview of things to
come. While it is feature-complete, we will apply a number of bug fixes
and address the documentation issues before doing our final release
push.

Jakarta Velocity 1.5 beta 1 is available from http://people.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity/v1.5beta1/

Please report issues with this release on our bug tracker at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY using 1.5 beta1 as the
version.

For the Velocity Development Team
	Henning Schmiedehausen

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Velocity 1.5 beta1

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Nathan Bubna" <nb...@gmail.com> writes:

>This is by no means a well-thought-through list, but here's the things
>i can think of offhand:

>- decimals are supported in VTL now
>- map creation supported in VTL
>- line breaks now allowed in directive calls, macro calls, method
>calls, and string literals
>- generally much-improved logging facilities
>- annoying log messages are cleaned up
>- support for java.util.Logging and standard out/err logging
>- lots of snazzy new event handler abilities (more should be said here!)
>- a URLResourceLoader
>- Velocity singleton and engine will attempt to auto-init() where
>reasonable and possible, rather than throw NPEs and stuff when used
>without init() being called
>- many bug fixes
>- documentation improvements
>- and probably more...

Thanks Nathan. I've added these to a Wiki Page:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/Velocity15ReleaseNotes

	Best regards
		Henning

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Velocity 1.5 beta1

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> writes:

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions. I will make sure that we do that for the
final release. As this is a beta, the target was "to get it out".

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Matthijs Lambooy <la...@crossmarx.nl>.
Hurray!! We will test it.

Malcolm Edgar schreef:
> Great to see the Velocity 1.5 beta 1 is now available.
>
> regards Malcolm Edgar
>
> On 9/14/06, Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Velocity developers are proud to announce the first beta version of
>> Velocity 1.5.
>>
>> The vote thread is here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-velocity-dev/200609.mbox/%3cedjd0n$aqh$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e
>>

>> and the result is here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-velocity-dev/200609.mbox/%3ceduht6$5fd$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e
>>

>> This is an unstable release and is intended as a preview of things to
>> come. While it is feature-complete, we will apply a number of bug fixes
>> and address the documentation issues before doing our final release
>> push.
>>
>> Jakarta Velocity 1.5 beta 1 is available from
>> http://people.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity/v1.5beta1/
>>
>> Please report issues with this release on our bug tracker at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY using 1.5 beta1 as the
>> version.
>>
>> For the Velocity Development Team
>>         Henning Schmiedehausen