Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2006/03/03 12:08:51 UTC

CBIR (Re: Jpeg and Exif Plugin)

Jérôme Charron wrote:
>> What do you thing about a plug-in for indexing MetaData Exif on Jpeg ?
>> Do you thing it's a good idea  ?
>>

> I think it makes sense.
> For a general search engine it will allow to search on image comments for
> instance.
> For an image search engine it will allow to search on technical metadata
> (exposure time, date, ...)
> But what's about images without comments for instance? How to retrieve them
> in a general search engine?
> The more Nutch have plugins the more it will be usefull fore many purpose
> and so for a wide variety of users.
> +1

I agree, it would be a useful addition.

Also, I think it would be great if someone familiar with CBIR could
contribute a plugin for indexing & searching for images by their
fingerprints - there are several known techniques for doing this (look
at imgSeek for inspiration). Nutch would require only minimal changes to
support a suitable front-end.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><