Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by shekhar bhat <cs...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/08 02:17:07 UTC

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError while using java2wsdl

  HEllo,

  I'm trying to create WSDL for the simple java program below.

  package myapp;
  import java.util.HashMap;
  public class StockQuoteService {
    private HashMap map = new HashMap();
      public double getPrice(String symbol) {
        Double price = (Double) map.get(symbol);
        if(price != null){
            return price.doubleValue();
        }
        return 42.00;
    }
      public void update(String symbol, double price) {
        map.put(symbol, new Double(price));
    }
}

  I compiled it to generate the class file and tried creating the WSDL file. I get the errors below. It works if the first line (package myapp) is commented. with package, prefixing class name with "myapp" also gives an error.

  E:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\axis2-1.2\samples\mytest>java2wsdl -
cp . -cn StockQuoteService
Using AXIS2_HOME:   E:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\axis2-1.2
Using JAVA_HOME:    E:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: StockQuoteService (wr
ong name: myapp/StockQuoteService)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
4)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)

  Can some one tell what am I doing wrong?

  Regards
  --Shekhar

---------------------------------
  Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

---------------------------------

RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError while using java2wsdl

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
I'm guessing the class name should be "myapp.StockQuoteService".  Also
make sure that your package structure matches your directory structure,
so you have a "myapp" directory that resides in the current directory,
and the "myapp" directory contains the "StockQuoteService.class" file.

This is just a simple example, but generally doing something like "-cp
." is odd. You probably don't want to run this from the root of your
class tree, you want to reference the class tree directory, but do it
somewhere else.

________________________________

[...]

		        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native
Method)
		        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
		        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
		4)
		        at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)

		Can some one tell what am I doing wrong?

		Regards
		--Shekhar

		Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
		Check out fitting gifts for grads
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni
_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz>  at Yahoo! Search.

	Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48252/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/one
search?refer=1ONXIC> , not web links.