Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Christian Eugster <ch...@gmx.net> on 2008/01/16 10:42:24 UTC

Base table or view not found

Hi,

I have a strange problem using ojb 1.0.3:

On a debian server runs a mysql database server 5.0.x. My application is able to connect via ojb to that server. When I trie to update a record in a table I get the error message:

java.sql.SQLException: Base table or view not found, message from server: "Table 'colibri.OJB_HL_SEQ' doesn't exist...

When I use mysql's Query Browser with the same user/password the table is there. I can select from it, update records and so on.

Has anybody any idea, what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Christian

--
****************************
Christian Eugster

Re: Base table or view not found (solution)

Posted by Christian Eugster <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hi (danilo),

Thank you for helping me. I have now found the solution: As we know does linux support case sensitivy and windows does not. For each table mysql creates a file with the given name in the data directory under the directory with the db name, even when we are using innodb. I suppose that this is the problem why under linux it did not work but under windows it did.

Bye

Christian
--
****************************
Christian Eugster

Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger?did=10

Re: Base table or view not found

Posted by Danilo Tommasina <dt...@risksys.com>.
Hi,

iirc we got similar problems in the past because of case sensitivity of the table names, however I am not 100% sure about that.
Make sure that the tables have been created with upper case and your query uses upper case, make also sure that the used database schema (colibri) has been
created and is being queried with the same case.

Bye
danilo