Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Pestel <ch...@orange.fr> on 2012/06/22 14:58:43 UTC

SubstituteFonts true/false propertie in fop config ?

Hi,

We use Fop on a workstation to design and view pdf document (after Fop transform)
After that, documents are rendered on a production server.
Sometimes, the production server don’t contain fonts necessary for theses documents and Fop subtitute missing fonts.

Maybe SubstituteFonts true/false propertie in fop config would be useful to failed the fo2pdf transformation instead subtitute font ?

Christian Pestel

christian.pestel@orange.fr

Re: SubstituteFonts true/false propertie in fop config ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Actually, there is but it's not obvious:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/latest/events.html lets you propagate
these replacement events to aborting exceptions. One point of the events
framework is to give more fine-grained control over certain conditions
inside FOP.

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Christian Pestel <ch...@orange.fr>.
ok. I log an issue.
Thank you Robert.

Christian Pestel

christian.pestel@orange.fr

Posted by Pascal Sancho <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

metric files are deprecated.
The only usage for these metric files is when you don't want to embed
font files, witch is not used today.

2012/6/22 Marc <Ma...@free.fr>:
> Youcan embedded fonts in the pdf file.
> to do that you have to modify the fop configuration file and dispose of the
> metrics file for the fonts you use.
> Marc
>
> Le vendredi 22 juin 2012 14:58:43, Christian Pestel a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>> We use Fop on a workstation to design and view pdf document (after Fop
>> transform)
>> After that, documents are rendered on a production server.
>> Sometimes, the production server don’t contain fonts necessary for
>> theses documents and Fop subtitute missing fonts.
>> Maybe SubstituteFonts true/false propertie in fop config would be
>> useful to failed the fo2pdf transformation instead subtitute font ?
>>
>> **
>>
>> Christian Pestel
>>
>> christian.pestel@orange.fr <ma...@bdoc.com>

pascal

Re: SubstituteFonts true/false propertie in fop config ?

Posted by Christian Pestel <ch...@orange.fr>.
Thank you Marc.

Christian Pestel

christian.pestel@orange.fr