Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Abhik Banerjee <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/29 00:53:28 UTC

Problem with ClassNotFoundException - org.apache.mahout.math class

Hi,

I am new to maout and hadoop , but am trying to run canopy clustering
on the sequence file , I just generated by a piece of Java code . I
first ran the

mahout canopy -i ........ on a cloudera vm environment with my
HADOOP_HOME and CLASSPATH set , and it worked fine and gave me the
clusters. I tried to run the same way in a hadoop dev cluster at my
company , and it started complaining about the ClassNotFoundException
- org.apache.mahout.math class.

I went through this url
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mahout.user/7469  , and
the discussion here , and even tried to tweak the mahout.sh file to
include these two lines

export MAHOUT_JAR=

MAHOUT_HOME=path of my mahout extracted directory.

but I could not follow the solution to get past it ,I am not using any
maven or ant tool to get my build , I just wrote a small piece of java
code , which read my customizable file , converted them to vectors and
wrote them to a Sequence file , I then transported that sequence file
to the HDFS and tried to invoke the K means clustering algorihtm using
the procedure mentioned.

I shall great;y appreciate , if somebody can help me with it .

Thanks,
Abhik