Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Melamed, Jeremy" <Je...@siltronic.com> on 2019/05/21 20:56:28 UTC

Maven Central Dependency Error

Hello Maven Devs,

I am trying to debug an error I receive when building a project written in Groovy that appears to be related to a missing artifact from mavenCentral.

The problem seems to be with a dependency with springframework:spring-aop:4.1.6. Looking through the mavenCentral repo at https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ it seems that this file may no longer exist and that the repository is no longer supported.

Here is the build error I am receiving:

|Configuring classpath
Error |
Resolve error obtaining dependencies: The following artifacts could not be resolved: cglib:cglib-nodep:jar:2.2.2, org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-orm:jar:4.1.6.RELEASE: Could not transfer artifact cglib:cglib-nodep:jar:2.2.2 from/to mavenCentral (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Received fatal alert: protocol_version (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)
Error |
Resolve error obtaining dependencies: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-orm:jar:4.1.6.RELEASE: Could not transfer artifact org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE from/to mavenCentral (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Received fatal alert: protocol_version (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)
Error |
Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Could not transfer artifact org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE from/to mavenCentral (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Received fatal alert: protocol_version (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)
Error |
Could not transfer artifact org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE from/to mavenCentral (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Received fatal alert: protocol_version
|Run 'grails dependency-report' for further information.

The person who developed the application left the company 5 years ago and I do not have a substantial computer science background so any help you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeremy

--

Jeremy Melamed
Industrial Engineer

Siltronic Corporation
7200 N.W. Front Avenue
Portland, OR 97210-3676, USA

Tel. +1 503 219 7224
jeremy.melamed@siltronic.com

http://www.siltronic.com

Siltronic
perfect silicon solutions

This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is copyrighted or confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender at once so that he may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Maven Central Dependency Error

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM Melamed, Jeremy <
Jeremy.Melamed@siltronic.com> wrote:

> Here is the build error I am receiving:

[snip]

> Error |
> Could not transfer artifact
> org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:1.2.6.RELEASE from/to mavenCentral (
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Received fatal alert: protocol_version

I think you're running into the problem referred to here:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/50824799/208288.  There is some background
here:
https://central.sonatype.org/articles/2018/May/04/discontinued-support-for-tlsv11-and-below/
.