Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com> on 2007/01/02 16:31:36 UTC

Re: Firewall/proxy issues

I tried ntlmaps, and it won't validate me on the network.
I don't really know how ntlm authentication works, but apparently the
machine you're requesting from must be a member of the domain as well as the
user, so that didn't work for me either.

Since BASIC authentication is available, I still can't quite understand why
I can't get maven to communicate using just a username/password.  I've tried
all the permutations of username, with and without domain.  I'm curious
about why maven's proxy setting doesn't seem to work essentially the same
way firefox and wget and curl do, since the lightweight http client looks to
me like it should.

On 12/29/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Like I said before, my company removed basic, so it is forcing me to do
> NTLM.
> >
> > To work around this I plan to write a proxy-proxy.....
> > I will create a java program that will negotiate NTLM with the companies
> proxy.
>
> Just use NTLMAPS at sourceforge. http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/
> Then point Maven at that.

I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.