Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <Ar...@intervoice.com> on 2005/08/03 16:51:52 UTC

default context configuration for jetspeed in tomcat affects JSR168 portlet deployment

Hi,

I configured tomcat the portal webapp to be at Context path "" in
tomcat. I modified ccportal.xml file to have path attribute value set to
"". I started up tomcat and the portal webapp was getting deployed
twice...once in the root context and the other in its own context. On
much research I found out that certain deploy related flags in the
<Host> element needs to be set to false. So I set "deployOnStartup",
"autoDeploy" and "liveDeploy" attributes to false. The portal webapp
comes up without getting deployed twice. We are using Jetspeed 1.6 with
fusion for including in a struts app that we have here. Now when I put
the struts war in the WEB-INF\deploy of the portal webapp and the war
gets copied over to the \tomcat\webapps but not exploded to a webapp
directory (I assume this is because the autoDeploy flag is set to
true)...so this JSR168 portlet deployment fails. I tried some
combinations on the flag attributes but the result does not vary...

Please help...Really stuck here. Has anyone tried this before? And any
inputs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Regards,

Archana

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all attachments.