Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Rickard Öberg <ri...@dreambean.com> on 2002/08/27 11:19:55 UTC

OutputStream usage

Hey!

VelocityServlet is still using OutputStream's. If there were no issues
with it I'd really really like it to be changed to use Writer's instead.
The VelocityServlet currently break my code because of the mix of use.

regards,
   Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
rickard@dreambean.com

Got blog? I do. http://dreambean.com

Re: OutputStream usage

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/4/02 6:28 AM, "Chris Miller" <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does this interact in any way with the Sitemesh filter?
> (www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh)

Dunno.  Anyone using that with velocity?

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote in message

>>> I don't think there were any issues.  Just waiting to see if someone was
>>> going to point out any problems with other things like Jetspeed or such.
>>
>> Well, since Jetspeed is essentially the same thing as I'm writing
>> (=portal) it should be ok :-)
>
> The problem I was wondering about is what happens if people are depending on
> OutputStream in other parts of their app....
>
> Either way, no one squawked...
>
> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.
> Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.
> geirm@adeptra.com
> +1-203-247-1713

Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)
Adeptra Inc.                                         +1-203-247-1713 (m)

Re: OutputStream usage

Posted by Chris Miller <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Re: OutputStream usage

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

Re: OutputStream usage

Posted by Rickard Öberg <ri...@dreambean.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>VelocityServlet is still using OutputStream's. If there were no issues
>>with it I'd really really like it to be changed to use Writer's instead.
>>The VelocityServlet currently break my code because of the mix of use.
>
> I don't think there were any issues.  Just waiting to see if someone was
> going to point out any problems with other things like Jetspeed or such.

Well, since Jetspeed is essentially the same thing as I'm writing
(=portal) it should be ok :-)

/Rickard

Re: OutputStream usage

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.