Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org> on 2014/12/13 21:51:30 UTC

[math] preparing release 3.4 ?

Hi all,

I would like to push version 3.4 soon.

There are 3 remaining issues in JIRA. I propose to postpone 1066 to next
version as there are no news of the original poster about refactoring
the patch. I don't know the status about 1105, could it be done in the
next few days or if not could it be postponed to next version?
Concerning 1132, I would say resolve it as WONT'FIX for now, and perhaps
reopen it later if needed. There have been lots of discussions on the
list a few months ago, and the current status seem to be sufficient for
everybody (at least we did not get further complaints).

I am willing to be the release manager and am already doing some
dry runs on it. My goal is really to do RC1 as soon as possible, and
no later than middle of next week.

best regards
Luc

Re: [math] preparing release 3.4 ?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/14 1:51 PM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to push version 3.4 soon.
>
> There are 3 remaining issues in JIRA. I propose to postpone 1066 to next
> version as there are no news of the original poster about refactoring
> the patch.

I did the refactoring and have it about ready to commit.  If I don't
get it in today, I will bump the release version.  If what I commit
looks like it still needs work, I can learn whatever git magic is
required to either revert the commit or keep it out of the RC.

>  I don't know the status about 1105, could it be done in the
> next few days or if not could it be postponed to next version?

+1 to postpone this one.
> Concerning 1132, I would say resolve it as WONT'FIX for now,

+1 for WONTFIX
>  and perhaps
> reopen it later if needed. There have been lots of discussions on the
> list a few months ago, and the current status seem to be sufficient for
> everybody (at least we did not get further complaints).

I also have a todo re javadoc clarification for MATH-1146.  Should
not hold up release, but I will try to get it in.

Thanks for RM-ing.  Stashing scripts / how-to somewhere will make it
easier for the next person.

Phil

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/14/14 9:41 AM, Gilles wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:01:42 +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:

> MATH-1176 needs attention ("Fix version" was missing).

Same with 1179, which just came in today.  I almost closed that as
NOT A PROBLEM, but am open to improvements in the small sample code,
so left open.   No need to hold release for this one though.  If it
survives, we can bump to v.next.

Phil

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:01:42 +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Le 14/12/2014 02:16, Gilles a écrit :
>> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:51:30 +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to push version 3.4 soon.
>>>
>>> There are 3 remaining issues in JIRA. I propose to postpone 1066 to
>>> next
>>> version as there are no news of the original poster about
>>> refactoring
>>> the patch. I don't know the status about 1105, could it be done in
>>> the
>>> next few days or if not could it be postponed to next version?
>>> Concerning 1132, I would say resolve it as WONT'FIX for now, and
>>> perhaps
>>> reopen it later if needed. There have been lots of discussions on
>>> the
>>> list a few months ago, and the current status seem to be sufficient
>>> for
>>> everybody (at least we did not get further complaints).
>>>
>>> I am willing to be the release manager and am already doing some
>>> dry runs on it. My goal is really to do RC1 as soon as possible,
>>> and
>>> no later than middle of next week.
>>
>> There are two issues for which I have code to be committed:
>>
>> * MATH-1172
>>   There was no reaction to
>>     http://markmail.org/message/cfrtdxm3y5o5adgj
>
> Sorry I missed this.
> Your patch seems good to me, so it could be included when you want.
>
>> * MATH-1173
>>   I have coded a replacement to "TricubicSplineInterpolator" to go
>>   with "TricubicInterpolatingFunction" (i.e. using finite difference
>>   approximation to the derivatives), but I don't have unit tests
>>   yet... Suggestions welcome.
>
> Perhaps you could use DerivativesStructure to have a reference value
> for
> the derivatives.
> Anyway what you currently have in the patch is worth including as is.

Codes committed (and "git push"ed).

Gilles

Re: [math] preparing release 3.4 ?

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Le 14/12/2014 02:16, Gilles a écrit :
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:51:30 +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to push version 3.4 soon.
>>
>> There are 3 remaining issues in JIRA. I propose to postpone 1066 to next
>> version as there are no news of the original poster about refactoring
>> the patch. I don't know the status about 1105, could it be done in the
>> next few days or if not could it be postponed to next version?
>> Concerning 1132, I would say resolve it as WONT'FIX for now, and perhaps
>> reopen it later if needed. There have been lots of discussions on the
>> list a few months ago, and the current status seem to be sufficient for
>> everybody (at least we did not get further complaints).
>>
>> I am willing to be the release manager and am already doing some
>> dry runs on it. My goal is really to do RC1 as soon as possible, and
>> no later than middle of next week.
>
> There are two issues for which I have code to be committed:
>
> * MATH-1172
>   There was no reaction to
>     http://markmail.org/message/cfrtdxm3y5o5adgj

Sorry I missed this.
Your patch seems good to me, so it could be included when you want.

> * MATH-1173
>   I have coded a replacement to "TricubicSplineInterpolator" to go
>   with "TricubicInterpolatingFunction" (i.e. using finite difference
>   approximation to the derivatives), but I don't have unit tests
>   yet... Suggestions welcome.

Perhaps you could use DerivativesStructure to have a reference value for
the derivatives.
Anyway what you currently have in the patch is worth including as is.

best regards,
Luc

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.