Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by myrna <my...@Golux.Com> on 2005/02/23 22:49:48 UTC

bundle version numbers...

Hi,

For OSGI complience/support, it's necessary to have a Bundle-Version
entry in the MANIFEST.MF file of every bundle (in practice for us, jar
file).
And every bundle version (of the same bundle) that is essentially
different from another version needs to have a different bundle version.

The versions on our download site for snapshot build Derby 10.0.2.1 (Nov
2, 2004 / SVN 56458) and the 10.0.2.1 official release actually have the
same Bundle-Version, ( Bundle-Version: 10.0.2000001) although there are
differences between the two builds...
Can we please rewrap the bundle for the official release with the only
change being the bundle version ?

Also, I've been told the rule is, a new Bundle-Version for every changed
bundle. Should we be updating our Bundle version (i.e. 'maint' entry
currently in the trunk/tools/ant/properties/release.properties file)
more often? Or only whenever we post a snapshot on the web?

Thx
Myrna