Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/10/02 12:28:33 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ant 1.10.12 based on RC1

+1

- Downloaded the .tar.gz binary

- Checked the NOTICE file and some random manuals

- Built internal projects using Java 8 and this version of Ant

- Built some sample projects with Java 17 and this version Ant

All looks fine.

-Jaikiran

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 at 15:48, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please not that the ASF nor its projects release Binaries.
> (They are provided to users as a convenience)
> We also do not vote on releases based on Binaries.
>
> The vote should be based on whether or not the 'source' - that
> is being released is good enough.
>
> Gav...

BCEL and commons-net dependency versions are not synced between
libraries.properties and respective POMs.

Gintas

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ant 1.10.12 based on RC1

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 2:28 PM Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> - Downloaded the .tar.gz binary

Please not that the ASF nor its projects release Binaries.
(They are provided to users as a convenience)
We also do not vote on releases based on Binaries.

The vote should be based on whether or not the 'source' - that
is being released is good enough.

Gav...

> - Checked the NOTICE file and some random manuals
>
> - Built internal projects using Java 8 and this version of Ant
>
> - Built some sample projects with Java 17 and this version Ant
>
> All looks fine.
>
> -Jaikiran
>
> On 30/09/21 8:28 am, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> > I've created a release candidate for 1.10.12:
> >
> > git tag: ANT_1.10.12_RC1
> >          on commit: cb7f242aa099c069bd75e6ee4d6e50b56fd73b71
> > tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
> >           revision: 50166
> > Maven artifacts:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1051/
> > Snapcraft Build
> >           Revision 21 in latest/candidate
> >
> > This release is mainly a bug fix release and the exact changes are
> > noted in
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/RELEASE-NOTES-1.10.12.html.
> > Of particular interest is the relatively minor bug fix in the javadoc
> > task which is necessary for it to work properly in the recently
> > released Java 17 version.
> >
> > This vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> > 4th October 2021 03:00 AM UTC (given that it's a weekend in the next
> > couple of days, I decided to extend the voting period till Monday)
> >

> > -Jaikiran

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: [External] : Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ant 1.10.12 based on RC1

Posted by Dave Brosius <da...@oracle.com>.
Thanks, appreciate your efforts.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 2:28 PM Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> - Downloaded the .tar.gz binary

Please not that the ASF nor its projects release Binaries.
(They are provided to users as a convenience)
We also do not vote on releases based on Binaries.

The vote should be based on whether or not the 'source' - that
is being released is good enough.

Gav...

> - Checked the NOTICE file and some random manuals
>
> - Built internal projects using Java 8 and this version of Ant
>
> - Built some sample projects with Java 17 and this version Ant
>
> All looks fine.
>
> -Jaikiran
>
> On 30/09/21 8:28 am, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> > I've created a release candidate for 1.10.12:
> >
> > git tag: ANT_1.10.12_RC1
> >          on commit: cb7f242aa099c069bd75e6ee4d6e50b56fd73b71
> > tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
> >           revision: 50166
> > Maven artifacts:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1051/
> > Snapcraft Build
> >           Revision 21 in latest/candidate
> >
> > This release is mainly a bug fix release and the exact changes are
> > noted in
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/RELEASE-NOTES-1.10.12.html.
> > Of particular interest is the relatively minor bug fix in the javadoc
> > task which is necessary for it to work properly in the recently
> > released Java 17 version.
> >
> > This vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> > 4th October 2021 03:00 AM UTC (given that it's a weekend in the next
> > couple of days, I decided to extend the voting period till Monday)
> >

> > -Jaikiran

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team