Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2012/08/02 18:19:24 UTC

Some architectural documentation comments

Re: Some architectural documentation comments

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chathuri,

Please see my inline comments.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena
<ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Adding few more to Amila's comment, IMO it will be really useful for users
> to see the overall picture of airavata than focusing on X-Baya UI in the
> documentation. At the moment most of the tutorials are focusing on how you
> can create a workflow etc. Having some screen-casts of actual use-cases
>  will be an excellent way to get a good understanding of airavata for a
> newbie.

+1
Sometime back, when we were reviewing the documentation/wiki, we were
thinking of adding some video-casts of usecases but we were not able to do
it for 0.4-incubating release.

> And also it will be better to have the same name in the Advanced Workflow
> Samples<
> http://incubator.apache.org/airavata/documentation/system/advanced-workflow-samples.html
> >
> as the actual workflow located in <airavata-home>/samples/workflows. For
> example, 3rd workfolw is name as "LevenshteinDistance workflow" but the
> name of the actual workfolw is "ForeachCrossProductLevenshteinDistance".

Fixed.

Thanks,
Heshan.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Chathuri
>

> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Amila Jayasekara
> > <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Also it will be great if we can have a complete problem description of
> > > a real use case and how it is solved using "Science Gateway". I do see
> > > links related to Dark Energy [1] and Param Chem [2]. But it has little
> > > information about the real problem which we try to solve.
> >
> > +1, I think it is a great idea to have a complete use case described
> > in the documentation.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Supun..
> >
> > > [1]
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Dark+Energy+Survey
> > > [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Param+Chem
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > AmilaJ
> > >

> > > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>
> wrote:
> >

> > --
> > Supun Kamburugamuva
> > Member, Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org
> > E-mail: supun06@gmail.com;  Mobile: +94 77 431 3585
> > Blog: http://supunk.blogspot.com

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Some architectural documentation comments

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

I added those pages as place holders for those projects that are using
Airavata. The finer details should be filled in by the people who are
handling that project from our end. ie. Raman for Dark Energy Survey and
Saminda for Param Chem.

We mainly compiled this wiki targeting the XSEDE12 Airavata tutorial
audience and due to working on other critical tasks, these were left out as
it is. Since the conference work is done, these will be filled in by the
relevant people.

Please, provide feedback on the documentation and how it should be
improved. Since I have been working on the documentation for some time, I
might not see some pitfalls in the documentation. It's always nice to have
a fresh set of eyes looking at our documentation :).

Thanks,
Heshan.

Posted by Shahani Markus Weerawarana <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

As a start, I suggest we at least request some existing, introductory
presentations and papers from the Param Chem and DES groups so that we can
have content in the use cases, until those groups find the time to update
the wiki with further details.

Shahani

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Also it will be great if we can have a complete problem description of
> a real use case and how it is solved using "Science Gateway". I do see
> links related to Dark Energy [1] and Param Chem [2]. But it has little
> information about the real problem which we try to solve.
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Dark+Energy+Survey
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Param+Chem
>
> Thanks
> AmilaJ
>

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

--
*Shahani Markus Weerawarana, Ph.D.*
*Computer Scientist*

Re: Some architectural documentation comments

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marlon,

Thanks for providing the feedback on the Architecture wiki page. I will add
the content that you requested to the wiki.

Thanks,
Heshan.