Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org> on 2020/01/13 21:47:01 UTC

Re: Tools to retrofit machines with StreamPipes

Hi,

just in case some of you are interested in gathering power information of machines and add human generated label to the data.

I found a cool app called MQTT Dash, which we use instead of hardware buttons for user input next to machines.
Originally it was designed as a dashboard app for your smart home and is very simple to use.
To gather user input (e.g. scrap parts on a machine) create a dashboard with buttons operators can press. For each interaction an event is triggered which is read by a StreamPipes Connect adapter.
Those events are stored in a database and can later be used as labels to train machine learning models.

For the power sensors, I found those [1]. It seems that they can generate high frequency events of the current power consumption of the connected machine. There is also a MQTT version available.

Cheers,
Philipp

[1] https://www.netio-products.com/en/products/all-products <https://www.netio-products.com/en/products/all-products>