Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ron Day <ro...@ronday.cc> on 2002/12/01 00:59:34 UTC

RE: tomcat 4.1.12 much slower than Tomcat 4.0.3

I tried your suggestion several times, and rebooted as well, but still no
improvement. I can run a simple one form,one servlet example in both tomcat
4.0.3 and 4.1.12 with no code changes. In 4.0.3 the response is
instantaneous, but in 4.1.12 it takes 10-15 seconds for response, and does
this on all subsequent submissions of form. A strange problem !!!

ron

Posted by simon <to...@sydneybluegum.com>.
Ron,
            Just some ramblings/thing I have been thinking about.

            I had performance problems with jakarta-james on win2000
which did not happen on linux,
            james dev guy fixed it.

            So I was wondering what OS and java are you using.
            Are you using a database in your code?

            I have problems with starting tomcat as a service on win2000
with jdk1.4.1.
            Had to manually remove the old service which was created
when I was using jdk1.3.1.
            Then every thing was ok

            Are you having the same problem with one on the examples
that comes with tomcat?

            Could you put some debug with timestamps in your code.

            Do you have a low memory problem with swaping happening.

            You can check your created dates and time for files in the
work directory to see if  when your jsp were last complied.

Good luck.
Regards,
Simon

Redirecting requests back to the webserver from tomcat

Posted by Prashanth Pushpagiri <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Is there a way to redirect a request that comes to
tomcat back to the main webserver (IIS or Apache
etc.). I want to use tomcat to verify the existence of
a session and then send it back to IIS to serve the
page out. Is this possible?

Thanks
Prashanth

deploying a WAR file without restarting? and Cookie Name problem in 3.2.1

Posted by Jan-Michael Ong <jm...@adobe.com>.
Greetings Tomcat Users Group,

I'm hoping that you can help me here. I've purchased the "Prof. Apache
Tomcat" book and searched through the archives but I'm unable to get any
meaningful results for the following two questions:

1. JBoss allows for "hot deployment"--that is if I get my terms right--the
ability for an instance to use a new WAR file or java class without
restarting. Is this possible in Tomcat? Would you be so kind to point to
any source of reference out there? I'm just familiarizing myself with JBoss
and according to its documentation its also possible to "hot deploy" to one
instance and have it propagate through its siblings. Is this scenario
possible in Tomcat?

2. I've read that in 3.2.4 the "Cookie name path is a reserved token" error
was fixed that was present in previous versions such as 3.2.1. What and/or
how exactly was it fixed? I guess I can try to do a recursive diff between
the two source trees but I don't even know what to look for. Any
suggestions on how to find this elusive problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jan-Michael

Struts-Console-3.1 causes windows to reboot ???

Posted by Ron Day <ro...@ronday.cc>.
Anyone else see this strange behavior.....

downloaded Struts-console-3.1 to c:\
double click console.bat or run command line...
windows shuts down, then reboots.....

Win 2000 sp3
jdk 1.4.1

anyone, or is my machine cookoo