Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com> on 2003/04/08 20:47:31 UTC

URL Redirection in a stylesheet

All -

I've taken an existing servlet and changed it's output type from HTML to
XML and passed it through a stylesheet in cocoon to get HTML instead.
This works fine, however, the servlet included a reload/redirect in its
response.  It used to show it's output for 10 seconds, then cause the
browser to load an alternative URL.

As one would expect, the redirect in the response now does not come
through cocoon to the browser.

Does someone have an example of passing such a delayed redirect generated
in a servlet back through cocoon to the browser?  The redirected URL is
dynamicly generated by the servlet, it includes parameters passed in the
URL.

Thanks!

Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans
jsexton@odshp.com

AW: URL Redirection in a stylesheet

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi jeff,

this can be accomplished via a corresponding html meta tag, which you can
generate dynamically. example:

this does a client side redirect to http://www.w3schools.com after 5
seconds. note however, that it may be not completely portable (though rather
common).