Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2004/05/22 00:28:44 UTC

Building under Mono 1.0 beta

Following the previous checkin log4net now supports building under Mono 1.0
beta (version 0.91) on Windows.
This does require a new version of Nant, 0.85, which is currently only a
nightly build.

There was one unexplained issue with Mono 1.0 beta which was that I had to
remove the CLSCompliant assembly attribute. The mcs compiler complained that
System.Xml.XmlElement was not a valid argument type for a CLSCompliant
method. The actual error message is:

IXmlRepositoryConfigurator.cs(38) error CS3001: Argument type
'System.Xml.XmlElement' is not CLS-compliant

As far as I can tell the Mono System.Xml assembly has the CLSCompliant
attribute set and it is not overridden on the type itself. And CLSCompliant
is still working fine on all the other frameworks.

Has anyone run into this before?

Cheers,

Nicko
------------
Nicko Cadell
log4net dev

Re: Building under Mono 1.0 beta

Posted by Gert Driesen <ge...@pandora.be>.
Nicko,

I have no problem building a CLS compliant log4net with mono built from cvs
(on windows).

Can you try a more recent installer for Windows :

http://primates.ximian.com/~gonzalo/mono/blog/files/mono-0.91.99-win32-3.exe

You will need to update your NAnt configuration file though (I attached a
modified config file)

Gert