Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 19:04:55 UTC

HBaseStorage and setBatch()

We're using HBaseStorage to read some large rows (50k cols) and hitting
some perf issues (responseTooSlow and responseTooLarge in RS logs).
 Looking through the code, I see that there's not an option that wraps
setBatch(), as opposed to the existing setCaching().  Small change, but I'm
wondering if anyone's already dug into this?  If not, I'll take a look.
 Unfortunately, it also seems there's not a hbase.client.scanner.batch prop.

Thanks,
Norbert

Re: HBaseStorage and setBatch()

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
I don't recall anyone looking into setBatch. Sounds like a good enhancement
to me.