Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com> on 2017/12/18 12:03:03 UTC

Moving Transaction Control into Git

Hi all,

The Aries Transaction Control implementation has quite a few pieces, and is already substantially separated from the rest of the Aries build. This is for two main reasons:

  1.  The Transaction Control implementation makes heavy use of Java 8, which is much newer than required by the rest of Aries
  2.  The Transaction Control project has been implemented using maven plugins from the bnd team, not Felix, so the parent pom is more or less totally separate from the rest of the Aries build

Given the existing separation, and the general goodness of git (as compared to svn) I would like to move Aries Transaction Control into its own Git repo. This has already been done for Aries RSA, Aries JPA and Aries JAX-RS whiteboard, and I was just going to go ahead with it, but I then realised that I should probably sound out the rest of Aries dev, even if it’s just a check that nobody else is actively working on it at the moment!

The proposed git repository name would be aries-tx-control.git (to fit in line with other Aries projects in git).

Tim

Re: Moving Transaction Control into Git

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
I think I’ve left long enough for any objectors to see this. The response has been 100% positive so I’ll get going with the move today. Thanks all!

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1