Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 15:47:29 UTC

RMI: Add Jackrabbit specific API extensions

Hi,

I am currently adding support for more JSR-283 API
(AccessControlManager) to RMI. I would also like to add support for the
Jackrabbit API extensions PrincipalManager and UserManager.

How is this intended to be done ?

Do we create another ClientAdapterFactory or do we extend the existing
adapter factory with built-in support for Jackrabbit extensions ?

Separating the extensions would draw a clean line between RMI for
standard JCR and RMI for Jackrabbit. As a drawback we might have to hack
into the RmiRepositoryFactory to add support for Jackrabbit.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix