Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Garrett <St...@cometsystems.com> on 2002/09/18 19:28:02 UTC

monitoring question

Hi,

We're using tomcat 4.0.3 on Solaris 8 with apache 1.3.26 and mod_jk as the
connectors.  We have this application that causes the CPU to overload, which
in turn causes tomcat to become unavailable.  The apache server continues to
return error 500, internal server error.  We're working on fixing the
application, but in the meantime....

The current application is in production and continually crashes.  But the
tomcat and httpd processes are still alive and kicking.  Is there a way to
easily monitor tomcat so that when this happens we can restart the web and
app servers appropriately?

I know this is a vague question so please feel free to ask for more details
or any questions you like.

Thanks in advance,

Steve