Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Chauhan, Rohit" <Ro...@compucredit.com> on 2005/06/23 23:40:33 UTC

PANIC : Error configuring AvalonLogSystem : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/jboss-4.0.2RC1/bin/velocity.log (Too many open files)

Hi,

My apologies if this issue was posted earlier on this list.
I searched for it but couldn't find the solution.
I am having this problem on my JBoss 4.0.2RC1 production server using velocity 1.3.1.

Error reported in server.log is :

PANIC : Error configuring AvalonLogSystem : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/jboss-4.0.2RC1/bin/velocity.log (Too many open files)

This error leads to jboss crash.

I bumped up number of file descriptors on the production box from 256  to 1024
but it still throws the error before crash.

Has anyone encountered the same error?
Any clues?

PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL  information that is intended only for use by
the   named recipient. If you are not the named recipient,  any disclosure,
dissemination, or action based on   the contents of this message is
prohibited. In such  case please notify us and destroy and delete all