Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 11:34:24 UTC

Debugging Map Reduce Jobs at Solr

Is there any easy way(tools etc.) that I can debug Map Reduce jobs of Solr?

Re: Debugging Map Reduce Jobs at Solr

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Please elaborate your question. Solr does not have any M/R jobs, so you have to let us know your setup.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 26 March 2013 21:32, Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for your responses. Actually I was wondering about indexing and
> reindexing from nutch to Solr and debugging them. I think according to
> your
> a map reduce or not.
[...]

Was suspecting that you are referring to the Map/Reduce used by Nutch2
(please note that 1.6 does not use Map/Reduce). As far as I know,Nutch2
uses Map/Reduce for distributed crawling, and only uses Solr for indexing
the collected data.

If you need to understand Map/Reduce for Nutch2, have you checked the
documentation, e.g.,
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial

Regards,