Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ma...@hp.com> on 2001/08/09 03:16:41 UTC

[patch] mod_ssl with keepalive enabled

Hi,
	I've tried to enable more portions of the mod_ssl code. Here, a
summary of the patch :
Patch 1 :
1. keepalive connections for SSL seem to work now. Eliminated the
ssl_hook_CloseConnection() from ssl_io_filter_Input, and perform the
operation during connection pool cleanup. I'm also calling the
ssl_hook_CloseConnection if there's a timeout during apr_bucket_read. This
is just for precaution, and can be eliminated later.
2. Take over the "possible security fix" that Geoff Thorpe had posted
sometime back on the modssl-users mailing list (I can provide more details
if required)..
3. Enabled more hooks - ssl_hook_translate_name, ssl_hook_create_request,
and others..

Patch 2 :
4. Change ssl_hook_process_connection to accept a conn_rec structure - just
trying to cleanup - in tune with other portions of the code - it's intutive
to pass a conn_rec to a process_connection hook.. The goal is to call the
ssl_hook_processconnection from ap_hook_processconnection, rather than call
it manually - as it's being done today..

Pl. let me know if you have any comments / suggestions.

Thanks
-Madhu

 <<patch1.txt>>

 <<patch2.txt>>

Re: JSP kind of support for PERL

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jiten Goel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am curious if there is any support for PSP (Perl Server Page)
> kind of  implementation in Apache Web Server. ( PERL
> stuff embeded in HTML documents for dynamic content generation).
>
> Any idea ????

there are loads of various implementations, see

 http://perl.apache.org/#appservers for some of them

Re: JSP kind of support for PERL

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
http://perl.apache.org/#appservers

would seem to be your best bet.

Chuck

On Thursday, August 9, 2001, at 01:56 AM, Jiten Goel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am curious if there is any support for PSP (Perl Server Page)
> kind of  implementation in Apache Web Server. ( PERL
> stuff embeded in HTML documents for dynamic content generation).
>
> Any idea ????
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jiten

Chuck Murcko