Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/05/07 13:28:44 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "May2017" by johndament

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "May2017" page has been changed by johndament:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2017?action=diff&rev1=33&rev2=34

Comment:
Adding draft intro to report.

  The Apache Incubator is the entry path into the ASF for projects and
  codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts.

- < narrative >
+ There are presently 60 podlings incubating.  Podlings executed seven releases in April, including the first release from ODF Toolkit in a long time.  One IPMC member stepped down in April, and one new member joined.

  * Community

    New IPMC members:

-
+   - Larry McCay

    People who left the IPMC:

-
+   - Marvin Humphrey

  * New Podlings

+   - None

+ * Retired Podlings
+
+   - Pirk

  * Podlings that failed to report, expected next month

+   - Gobblin
+   - HORN
+   - Joshua
+   - Tamaya
+   - Toree
+   - Unomi

+ * Podlings presently missing sign off
+
+   - BatchEE
+   - Blur
+   - Edgent
+   - iota
+   - Sirona
+   - Slider

  * Graduations

    The board has motions for the following:

-
+   - None

  * Releases

    The following releases entered distribution during the month of
    April:

-
- * IP Clearance
-
-
+   - 2017-04-01 Apache Guacamole 0.9.12
+   - 2017-04-02 Apache Gossip 0.1.2
+   - 2017-04-10 Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6.2
+   - 2017-04-13 Apache Mnemonic 0.6.0
+   - 2017-04-24 Apache PredictionIO 0.11.0
+   - 2017-04-28 Apache Gearpump 0.8.3
+   - 2017-04-28 Apache Juneau 6.2.0

  * Legal / Trademarks

-
+   - Podlings struggle with their first releases.  There has been growing asks to revisit the binaries in source releases policy as a number of newer build tools rely on including a small JAR to ease the build process.  Several IPMC members have voiced interest in following up with legal in this area.

  * Infrastructure

-
+   - There were small hiccups with the Metron graduation that may need some refinement between IPMC, Infrastructure and Trademarks/Press.
+   - The other graduations and Pirk's retirement went smoothly.

  * Miscellaneous

-
+   - The new podling logo has been announced to all podlings.  Some have already implemented the new logo and it looks much better on websites.
+   - The new incubator website is being worked on, slowly.  We may start by simply porting the existing content and then refining policies.
+   - We have refined our processes to communicate out that rosters should be maintained in Whimsy going forward.  A formal announcement should happen by ApacheCon.

  * Credits

-   - Report Manager:
+   - Report Manager: John D. Ament

                         Table of Contents