Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jorge Reyes <jr...@talaris.com> on 2003/03/11 16:56:44 UTC

Question regarding changes for mod_proxy on apache 1.3.X to 2.0X

I hope this is the right mailing list to request information regarding the changes on mod_proxy from Apache 1.3 to apache 2.0

We used in Apache 1.3.X the followin setup which no loner works under apacge 2.0 and I was wondering if any one can help.

"No Longer Works" means:
On Apache 1.3.x the user who type http://www.zyx.com/admin would be presented with an authetication window, on apache 2.0 the request fails and the log file (error log) reads:

[Tue Mar 11 00:06:18 2003] [error] [client 111.111.111.111] proxy: DNS lookup failure for: 10.5.10.51error returned by /error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var

I have read the doc's regarding the new settings and directives however I still can not find and adequate solution.

We use Virtual server with mod_proxy and have certain directories protected via password files.
The proxy is to a remote server and the password file is on the local apache proxy server.

The configuration that works under 1.3 but no longer does on 2.0 is:

<VirtualHost 10.5.21.212:80>
UseCanonicalName off
ProxyRequests off

ProxyPass /  <http://10.5.10.51/> http://10.5.10.51
ProxyPassReverse /   <http://10.5.10.51/> http://10.5.10.51

<Location /admin/>
    AllowOverride  AuthConfig
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/adminpasswords
    AuthName "Live Corp Admin"
    AuthType Basic
    require valid-user admin
</Location>

ServerName yyy.yyy.com
ServerAlias yyy
ServerAdmin admin@localhost
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log_Virtual_yyy
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/access_log_virtual_yyy
</VirtualHost>