Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Frank Hsueh <fr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 23:20:28 UTC

cassandra 1.08 on java7 and win7

I think I have cassandra the server started

In another window:

> cassandra-cli.bat -h localhost -p 9160
Starting Cassandra Client
Connected to: "Test Cluster" on localhost/9160
Welcome to Cassandra CLI version 1.0.8

Type 'help;' or '?' for help.
Type 'quit;' or 'exit;' to quit.

[default@unknown] create keyspace DEMO;
(org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.
Cannot locate cassandra.yaml
Fatal configuration error; unable to start server.  See log for stacktrace.

C:\Workspace\cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.0.8\bin>
<<<<

anybody seen this before ?

--
Frank Hsueh | frank.hsueh@gmail.com

Re: cassandra 1.08 on java7 and win7

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.
interesting.  that behaviour _does_ happen in 1.0.8, but doesn't in 1.0.6
on windows 7 with Java 7.  looks to be a problem with the CLI and not the
actual Cassandra service.

just tried it now.

-sd

Posted by Frank Hsueh <fr...@gmail.com>.
iirc, the fix for me was to add conf to the CASSANDRA_CLASSPATH var; like
so:

:okClasspath
REM Include the build\classes\main directory so it works in development
set CASSANDRA_CLASSPATH=%CASSANDRA_HOME%\conf;
%CLASSPATH%;"%CASSANDRA_HOME%\build\classes\main";"%CASSANDRA_HOME%\build\classes\thrift"
goto runCli
<<<<

Posted by Gopala Krishna Gundeboyina <f2...@gmail.com>.

Posted by puneet loya <pu...@gmail.com>.