Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <ad...@intencha.com> on 2003/05/24 13:54:04 UTC

Updated release_notes.txt

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 07:47  PM, Adrian Sutton wrote:

> Oleg,
> Consider it done. :)  Well, the take over done anyway, the actual work
> will probably take a little longer. :)
>
> Adrian.

Okay, this process is basically 3 steps:

1. Go through bugzilla and add all the notable bug fixes.
2. Go through the commit logs and add any other notable changes that
didn't have a corresponding bug.
have been missed.

I'm not sure whether or not it was intended, but the release notes
don't mention any bug fixes but just refactorings (usually required for
bug fixes) and new features.  That's generally what I would expect to
see in release notes so I've followed that line, but have mentioned a
couple of really significant bugs in the list.

So far I've just extracted the major things from Bugzilla, tomorrow
I'll do the commit logs and then do a final review for notable changes.
  Below is what I've picked up so far, don't waste too much time
reviewing it just yet but just check that the kind of things going in
seem right to you.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Release 2.0 Beta 1
-------------------
Changes since Release 2.0 Alpha 3:

  * Changed HttpConnection to use timeouts better instead of busy
waiting.

  * Added a getResponseContentLength() method to HttpMethod.

  * Changed HttpClient to accept correctly encoded URLs instead of
attempting to encode them within HttpClient.

  * Added support for Expect: 100-continue.

  * Reengineered authentication code.  This includes a fix for
HttpClient continually attempting to authenticate to digest realms and
provides for better future extensibility.

  * Improved user documentation and example code.

  * Added ability to differentiate between different hosts using the
same realm names.

  * Added support for specifying a virtual host name to use.

  * Fixed problem with half-closed connections causing a
HttpRecoverableException to be thrown when HttpClient attempts to read
from a socket.

  * Improved reliability with the HEAD method and servers that
incorrectly include a response body.

  * Added ability to specify the local address that HttpClient should
create connections from.

Release 2.0 Alpha 3
-------------------
Changes since Release 2.0 Alpha 2:

  * Added support for chunked requests for POST and PUT.

  * Added support for 303 See Other redirections.

  * Changed input and output streams to use buffering to improve
performance.

  * Improved handling of multivalue headers.  Order is now preserved and
convienience methods have been added to access each value.

Re: Updated release_notes.txt

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Adrian, you rock! Many thanks.

Folks, I committed & re-tagged the updated release_notes.txt. We should
be doing a better job keeping it up to date in the future.

Oleg