Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Yannick PIERSON <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 17:40:18 UTC

[SocketException] [connection abort] [socket write error]

Hi,
I would like to know when we get this type of error (why) and how to resolve
it :

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(BufferedOutputStream.java:105)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)

I try with POST and PUT method, with a MultipartRequestEntity, a
FileRequestEntity, and a InputStreamRequestEntity but error is the same.

Thanks,
Regards.

Yannick

Re: [SocketException] [connection abort] [socket write error]

Posted by Yannick PIERSON <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I try with a shorter file and I get an another error. I think it's due to
the maxRequestLength of IIS server.
But now I get this error : Unexpected failure: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Do you know why ?
(there is write access on my web repository)

Thanks,
Regards.

Yannick