Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mike Lecza <ml...@newnetco.com> on 2002/02/01 17:49:49 UTC

Sample Servlet Problem

I saw in the mail archives that this problem has been reported before
but I saw no resolution posted.  When I run the sample app and click on
the Servlet Service the Servlet Info comes up: $serverName.

Seems like the ServletInfo servlet is not being fired.  The class is
compiled and in the correct locatation.  Using Turbine 2.1 – so nothing
useful in the Turbine or Velocity logs.

I have the same problem trying to get the HelloWorld sample in the
Velocity Site Howto section of Turbine.

Help is appreciated.

BTW – are there any sample docs available to walk one through creating a
site from the ground up in Turbine?  I fine myself doing a lot of
reverse engineering on the sample to learn this stuff.  I am really only
focusing on learning to use Turbine as a Servlet Controller – not really
interested in the other stuff right now.  It would be great if there
were a clean walkthrough that says you need to start with these files
and these settings in web.xml.  I think the doc in the Velocity Site
Howto section come close to this but it really doesn’t cover setting up
the web.xml file or turbine.properties file etc.  If something like this
exists please let me know.

Regards