Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajan Gupta <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/05/04 11:41:02 UTC

Contributing to Kafka

Hello I have being leading teams using Kafka for processing high volume audit and user behavior data and would like to give back to the Kafka community in anyway that Dev likes. I can start by testing, write performance tests, execute performance tests, monitor tests, fix bugs, write unit test code etc.
Kindly advise how I can be of help. If there is a work stream where I can pick up work from let me know and I will get started. I am self-starter so do not require hand holding.
Regards,RajanAtlanta, GA, USA

Re: Contributing to Kafka

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Hi Rajan,

thanks for your plan to contribute back!

First, I would recommend to check out the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Contributing+Code+Changes

Also check out the JIRA boards:

You can just filter for components you are interested in and also filter
for JIRAs with label "newbie" (or similar) or priority "trival"/"minor"
to get started. If you found something interesting, just assign it to
yourself if unassigned (I guess you need to get permission first -- what
is you JIRA id? -- please share here at dev list, so we can add you as a
contributor). If a ticket is already assigned but it seems that nobody
is actively working on it, just post a comment and ask if you can talk
it over. All other question, can be discussed in the ticket comments, too.

Hope this helps to get started. Welcome to the community!

-Matthias