Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Koola, Jejo David" <je...@vanderbilt.edu> on 2014/08/14 21:00:18 UTC

Including contraction tokens for concept mapping

Hello

I'm using CTAKES 3.2 with yTEX rolled into it. I am running on Windows 7 32 bit with JDK 1.7.

When running the ctakes CPE and specifyihng the included YtexPipeline, I'm confused as to the point of INCLUDING/EXCLUDING contraction tokens.  Regardless of whether include or exclude contractions, the phrase "Parkinson's disease" still gets mapped to the concept "Parkinson Disease."

In the same vein I'm confused whether INCLUDING/EXCLUDING other tokens makes any difference in terms of mapping to concepts.

Thanks

Jejo Koola

Re: Including contraction tokens for concept mapping

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.
I'm not really sure what you mean by including/excluding contraction tokens
- what configuration are you referring to?

You can exclude contraction tokens from the list of annotations that the
DBConsumer stores in the database; this has no effect on concept mapping.