Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ev...@r-solution.at on 2006/11/24 17:27:48 UTC

running MyFaces with jre 1.4

Hello,

we intend to implement our new project with the Apache MyFaces framework.

I downloaded the following versions:

      myfaces-core-1.1.4
      tomahawk-1.1.3

I've tried to run the Hello world sample application with tomcat 5.0.28 und
JAVA 5. Everything
worked fine.

But when I changed to jdk 1.4.2 following exception is thrown:

javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/jsp/index_jsp (Unsupported
major.minor version 49.0)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:244)

Since our application servers still run under jre 1.4, we aren't able to
upgrade. Can you tell me which
versions of Apache MyFaces are  compatible with jre 1.4. (Sincerly I
believed also these versions would. )

Thanx for your support

Regards
Eveline

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail dient
ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen
duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information
purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding
communications.

Re: running MyFaces with jre 1.4

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Just to state it clearly: MyFaces is fully compatible with JDK 1.4

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at