Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2004/06/08 15:44:59 UTC

config.xml for James - environment variables?

Is there any way to put in text in the config.xml for James that would
pick up, not the literal text, but a value from elsewhere?  Like an
environment variable, or a system property?

I'd like to have some "override" ability outside the config.xml file
itself, in the startup script or a separate properties file or
something.

Is anything in James or the Avalon it uses there to support something
like this?

Thanks.

- Glenn

Glenn R. Golden
Sakai Architect  - Sr. Systems Research Programmer
School of Information, Media Union - University of Michigan
ggolden@umich.edu

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

   I did the following in my config.xml file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE config [
<!ENTITY listserverConfig SYSTEM "../conf/james-listmanager.xml">
<!ENTITY listserverStores SYSTEM "../conf/james-liststores.xml">
<!ENTITY fetchmailConfig SYSTEM "../conf/james-fetchmail.xml">
<!ENTITY fetchSpamRules SYSTEM "../conf/james-spamrules.xml">
]>

I added the last line in the above block of code. and later on after
"&fetchmailConfig;" I added "&fetchSpamRules;"

the reason is because I want to run a java class when james starts up at the
very first time.

by doing the above i get an error as follows

There was an uncaught exception:
--- Message ---
There is no coresponding Block or Listener for configuration data in element
"mailetpackages".
--- Stack Trace ---
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException: There is no
coresponding Block or Listener for configuration data in element
"mailetpackages".
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.setupConfiguration(DefaultDeployer.java:527)

now in the "james-spamrules.xml" file I have the following

<mailetpackages>
  <mailetpackage>com.mindbridge.james.mailets</mailetpackage>
</mailetpackages>

<matcherpackages>
  <matcherpackage>com.mindbridge.james.matchers</matcherpackage>
</matcherpackages>

<mailet match="All" class="SpamRules">
    <homeDir>/etc/mail/spamassassin</homeDir>
</mailet>

I am not sure why I am getting an error. Should I not put <mailetpackages> in
this file? If not how can I tell this file that my classes are in
"com.mindbridge.james.mailets" package.?

later on what I want to do is from the telnet interface that is provided for
adding users I want to added another command that will call this class.

thanks
jay.

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Re: mailet calls

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi I am using James 2.2.0.RC5

Mailet web interface??

Posted by Sumit AGARWAL <su...@st.com>.
Is anybody build the web-interface for james,if yes then pls send it on
group.
sumit

Re: mailet calls

Posted by "Brian J. Sayatovic" <tr...@one.net>.