Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2009/01/02 18:55:08 UTC

Re: Having multiple build systems for jsecurity

On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Jeremy Haile wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2008, at 8:50 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>>
>> I will go farther and say that my observation of projects here at
>> apache is that the ones using maven generally are a __LOT__ more
>> open to comments, contributions, integration proposals, and outside
>> interest than the ones using ant.  My experience with the ones
>> using ant is generally that they tend to have an attitude that they
>> know better than anyone else how their project might be used or
>> might fit into other contexts.
>
> OK - I can sort of see your point, despite it being a *gross* over-
> generalization.

David is relating his personal experiences and observations.  I don't
see where he takes those and makes a generalization across the board.

>> Partly as a result of these experiences and partly due to the
>> typically incomprehensible project organization of ant built
>> projects I have to be MUCH more interested in the subject area of
>> an ant built project before I will investigate it.  For me
>> JSecurity is just barely edging over into "worth investigating
>> despite the project organization and build system".
>
> I'm glad that you are interested in investigating JSecurity, even if
> it's just edging over the line =)

Don't expect people to want to climb on board the project with these
kinds of responses....

Regards,
Alan

RE: Having multiple build systems for jsecurity

Posted by "Kofford, C Todd" <tk...@ku.edu>.
I've been watching this thread and just had to speak up.

I just completed a project where I used Jsecurity for the 1st time, and
I have to say that Les & Jeremy both were extremely prompt and helpful
each time I had questions or ran into problems. I'm not just talking
about one or two sentence answers, but full blown solutions to my
problem and in many cases several to choose from. If you don't believe
me go check it out for yourselves and search for my name, Todd Kofford,
in the forums.

I've been developing software for quite a while and have been involved
in many development communities, but I have to say the support that I
got from the Jsecurity forums was second to none. It was some of the
most prompt and best support that I have ever received and I wasn't even
paying them a dime!

Just my 2 cents,

Todd Kofford
tkofford@ku.edu
University of Kansas - IT

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
> > On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Jeremy Haile wrote:
> >
> > I'm glad that you are interested in investigating JSecurity, even if it's
> >> just edging over the line =)
> >>

> > Don't expect people to want to climb on board the project with these kinds
> > of responses....
>

> I think you might have misinterpreted Jeremy's response - I'm fairly
> certain
> he said that tongue-in-cheek with a smile on his face (thus the
> emoticon).

Yes - definitely.  I do sincerely appreciate David's interest in the
project and hearing his viewpoints!  The "just edging over the line" was
meant to be tongue-in-cheek humor.  I apologize if I inadvertently
caused any offense.

Re: Having multiple build systems for jsecurity

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.