Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Giampaolo/Trapo <ne...@trapo.it> on 2004/07/06 15:17:15 UTC

A proposal for increasing usability

Hi ppl,
in consolidated usability theory one action should be harder to do if it
is irreversible. For example formatting a disk should be confirmed by
the user with one ore more questions. On the other side, simple
reversible actions should occur without confirmation by the user. IMHO,
moving a page from authoring to submit, or from submitted to published
should not have annoying confirmation messages, what do you think about
this?

giampaolo

Re: A proposal for increasing usability

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Giampaolo/Trapo wrote:

> Hi ppl,
> in consolidated usability theory one action should be harder to do if
> it is irreversible. For example formatting a disk should be confirmed
> by the user with one ore more questions. On the other side, simple
> reversible actions should occur without confirmation by the user.
> IMHO, moving a page from authoring to submit, or from submitted to
> published should not have annoying confirmation messages, what do you
> think about this?

Well, I think they at least "Publish" should have a confirmation screen.

Michi

> giampaolo

Michael Wechner

Re: A proposal for increasing usability

Posted by Hubertus Groepper <hu...@groepper.com>.
Am 06.07.2004 um 15:17 schrieb Giampaolo/Trapo:

> Hi ppl,
> in consolidated usability theory one action should be harder to do if
> it is irreversible. For example formatting a disk should be confirmed
> by the user with one ore more questions. On the other side, simple
> reversible actions should occur without confirmation by the user.
> IMHO, moving a page from authoring to submit, or from submitted to
> published should not have annoying confirmation messages, what do you
> think about this?
>
> giampaolo

please keep the message

	This document has links to the following unpublished documents: XYZ

this is very useful.

Also, there could be a check box "don't ask again" on these dialogues
(and the possibility to turn the message on again at some later time).

hubertus

AW: A proposal for increasing usability

Posted by Christian Kreutz <sc...@gmx.de>.
IMHO,
> moving a page from authoring to submit, or from submitted to
> published
> should not have annoying confirmation messages, what do you
> think about
> this?

+1

Because a reverse  action (i.e. deactivate) is mostly possible.