Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Eugene Koifman <ek...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/04/21 15:20:46 UTC

ptest is taking 8h

Hi,
The last few runs are very slow.  Does anyone know what can be done?

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/

Thanks,
Eugene

Re: ptest is taking 8h

Posted by Sahil Takiar <ta...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the jobs are hanging, and then getting aborted due to a timeout:

+ local 'PTEST_CLASSPATH=/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target/hive-ptest-1.0-classes.jar:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target/lib/*'
+ java -cp '/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target/hive-ptest-1.0-classes.jar:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target/lib/*'
org.apache.hive.ptest.api.client.PTestClient --command testStart
--outputDir /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target
--password '[*******]' --testHandle PreCommit-HIVE-Build-4795
--endpoint http://104.198.109.242:8080/hive-ptest-1.0 --logsEndpoint
http://104.198.109.242/logs/ --profile master-mr2 --patch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12864318/HIVE-16483.1.patch
--jira HIVE-16483
Build timed out (after 500 minutes). Marking the build as aborted.
Build was aborted

--
Sahil Takiar
Software Engineer at Cloudera

Re: ptest is taking 8h

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Sergio!

Re: ptest is taking 8h

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ptest is taking 8h

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
I'm taking a look at this now. There is something wrong on the server.

Re: ptest is taking 8h

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
Looks like PtestServer is not responding.

org.apache.hive.ptest.api.client.PTestClient --command testStart
--outputDir
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target
--password '[*******]' --testHandle PreCommit-HIVE-Build-4795 --endpoint
http://104.198.109.242:8080/hive-ptest-1.0 --logsEndpoint
http://104.198.109.242/logs/ --profile master-mr2 --patch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12864318/HIVE-16483.1.patch
--jira HIVE-16483

Build timed out (after 500 minutes). Marking the build as aborted.
Build was aborted
+ ret=143
+ unpack_test_results
+ '[' -z /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build
']'
+ cd /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/hive/build/hive/testutils/ptest2/target
Recording test results
+ [[ -f test-results.tar.gz ]]

+ exit 143