Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 15:50:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (third RC)

This is the second release candidate for Apache Whirr, version 0.8.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12321649&styleName=Html&projectId=12311110

*** Please download, test and vote by the end of the workday (Pacific time)
on Wednesday, August 22.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~abayer/whirr-0.8.0-candidate-2

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-024

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/tags/release-0.8.0

Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/dist/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (third RC)

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
And for giggles, just built on a fresh 12.04 VM and all was fine - have you
tried nuking your ~/.m2/repository? Something's definitely weird on your
side, as no one else is seeing this.

A.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
-1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
Thanks, Andrew!

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (third RC)

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Twitter: iocanel
*

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr 0.8.0 (third RC)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1, sig/xsum verify, contents look correct, was able to build/test fine. lgtm.

Patrick

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

I was able to re-build (mvn -Posgi clean install && mvn -DskipTests package
assembly:assembly) the binary release from the svn tag and all the tests
are passing as expected.

I have also deployed a Hadoop cluster on Amazon EC2 using the following
command: ./bin/whirr launch-cluster --config recipes/hadoop.properties -
with credentials configured in ~/.whirr/credentials.

-- Andrei Savu / axemblr.com