Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Iwan Memruk <im...@lohika.odessa.ua> on 2005/12/08 15:12:52 UTC

Re[2]: [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 doesn't find resources in .aar

Hello Chathura,

CH> Well i am not sure whethe i got your question right, if you are
CH> talking about deploying an service then the .aar files should go to
CH> $CATALINA_HOME\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services

CH> or pls use our nice admin interface to upload the aar.

CH> Chathura

Thanks for your concern. Here's a more detailed explanation:

1. My application loads Hibernate config file (an XML) as a resource.
2. It works locally, e.g. when unit-testing.
3. It works when the service is deployed in the extracted form, i.e. classes AND
resources in axis2/WEB-INF/classes, service as a directory in
WEB-INF/services etc. My Hibernate config gets loaded OK.
4. When deployed as an .aar, the resources are not found, even though
they are included in the .aar together with the classes.

Re: Re[2]: [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 doesn't find resources in .aar

Posted by Yves Langisch <li...@langisch.ch>.
This was an answer from Deepal from a similar posting:

The correct way is get the ServiceDescription from , MessageContxt and
then
you can get the correct classloader for that service (which has all you
lib
files) from serviceDescription
ClassLoader cl = sd.getClassLoader();

next you can load the properties you want.

Yves

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 doesn't find resources in .aar

Posted by iksrazal <ik...@gmail.com>.
Just a quick comment. This is a known problem that some people on the dev list
are working on.

In the meantime, this is how I deploy, using spring/hibernate etc .

AAR:

 .
./SWALoginEndpoint.aar
./META-INF
./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
./META-INF/SWALoginEndpoint.wsdl
./META-INF/services.xml
./com
./com/siemens
./com/siemens/swa
./com/siemens/swa/plugins
./com/siemens/swa/plugins/webservices
./com/siemens/swa/plugins/webservices/autodispatch
./com/siemens/swa/plugins/webservices/autodispatch/SWALoginEndpointSkeleton.class

All wsdl2java generated files go into a jar in WEB-INF/lib, except
SWALoginEndpointSkeleton.class , and your *CallbackHandler if you change/use
it.

All dependencies go under WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes .

This hopefully will get worked out soon, as hot deploy becomes an issue if
there are dependencies in WEB-INF/lib and/or WEB-INF/classes .

HTH,
iksrazal

Re[4]: [Axis2] Axis2 0.93 doesn't find resources in .aar

Posted by Iwan Memruk <im...@lohika.odessa.ua>.
Hello Deepal,

Friday, December 9, 2005, 5:00:57 AM, you wrote:

DJ> Hi Iwan ;

DJ> To load your resources the right way is get the class loader from
DJ> AxisService and using that load your resources. As an example say your
DJ> archive file name is foo.aar then the step is as follows;
DJ>    1. If you are going to use that at the MessageReciever level , get the
DJ> axisService from msgContext and then
DJ>    2. axisService.getClassLoader(); will give you the class loader
DJ> corresponding to the service , and using that you can load your resources in
DJ> archive file.

DJ> If you are in a place that you do not have a msgContext , then you have to
DJ> get your service from AxisConfiguration and ask its class loader.

    How exactly can I do that?

    Thanks!