Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/10/04 14:40:10 UTC

Gradle can use several cores

Hi,

I don't know if you tried, but if you have a processor with several cores you may appreciate to put this in your gradle.properties file

	org.gradle.parallel=true

See https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/build_environment.html#sec:gradle_configuration_properties for details

Warning: in Gradle 3.2.1 (our current version) this is experimental (Beta) but seems to work perfectly so far

I found it in https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/making-gradle-builds-faster/ but did not explore the other possibilities yet

I just found also https://guides.gradle.org/performance/ which seems more CI oriented and certainly a definitive reference, but I must say have not
time to explore yet...

Jacques

Re: Gradle can use several cores

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ouch this is more complicated than what I thought.

I thought we had subprojects because we have subprojectExists in the main build. gradle and all the other build. gradle files

So it must be that the acceleration I felt is only a coincidence due to my current level of memory usage and no stopped daemons, I still appreciate it :)

Jacques

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.