Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/06/20 10:31:22 UTC

Axis2 compilation and build

Hi Dims..

I am going to commit the non-blocking http/s code into Axis2 trunk.
However this requires compilation with a JDK > 1.5. We could compile
into Java 1.4 code level, but the JDK used must be 1.5. This is because
we use the SSLEngine class to support https.

Do you think this will be a problem for anyone? or the nightly build
script etc? If so, should I leave the https support out - but I doubt
whether that will be meaningful.

Also, should I update any Maven1 scripts or are we using only Maven2 for
nightly builds and releases?

thanks
asankha

Re: Axis2 compilation and build

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm happy with moving to a Java 1.5 build requirement...
David

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
What happens if you try to build on 1.4?

Paul

On 6/20/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Paul
>
> Yes, at runtime this is exactly what we do. (even in Synapse). However,
> you must compile with a JDK 1.5 .. the generated code could be 1.4 and
> run on a 1.4 JRE afterwards
>
> asankha
>
> Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Asankha
> >
> > Can we make it so that it works in both, but you don't get SSL support
> > except with 1.5?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 6/20/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Dims..
> >>
> >> I am going to commit the non-blocking http/s code into Axis2 trunk.
> >> However this requires compilation with a JDK > 1.5. We could compile
> >> into Java 1.4 code level, but the JDK used must be 1.5. This is because
> >> we use the SSLEngine class to support https.
> >>
> >> Do you think this will be a problem for anyone? or the nightly build
> >> script etc? If so, should I leave the https support out - but I doubt
> >> whether that will be meaningful.
> >>
> >> Also, should I update any Maven1 scripts or are we using only Maven2 for
> >> nightly builds and releases?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Axis2 compilation and build

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

Can we make it so that it works in both, but you don't get SSL support
except with 1.5?

Paul

On 6/20/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi Dims..
>
> I am going to commit the non-blocking http/s code into Axis2 trunk.
> However this requires compilation with a JDK > 1.5. We could compile
> into Java 1.4 code level, but the JDK used must be 1.5. This is because
> we use the SSLEngine class to support https.
>
> Do you think this will be a problem for anyone? or the nightly build
> script etc? If so, should I leave the https support out - but I doubt
> whether that will be meaningful.
>
> Also, should I update any Maven1 scripts or are we using only Maven2 for
> nightly builds and releases?
>
> thanks
> asankha

Paul Fremantle