Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Aleksandar Zivkovic <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 15:41:54 UTC

Re: Cross compiling Log4Cxx with APR/APU

Magallo <m.galletti <at> eldes.it> writes:

> Hi Neal, I have the same error on a Sun Solaris SPARC64 machine. I don't know
> how to solve the problem.

> charsetdecoder.cpp: In static member function 'static
> log4cxx::helpers::CharsetDecoderPtr
> log4cxx::helpers::CharsetDecoder::getDecoder(const log4cxx::LogString&)':
> charsetdecoder.cpp:480: error: expected type-specifier before
'APRCharsetDecoder'
> charsetdecoder.cpp:480: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'int'
> charsetdecoder.cpp:480: error:   initializing argument 1 of
> 'log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<T>::ObjectPtrT(const int&) [with T =
> log4cxx::helpers::CharsetDecoder]'
> charsetdecoder.cpp:480: error: expected ';' before 'APRCharsetDecoder'
> charsetdecoder.cpp:480: error: 'APRCharsetDecoder' was not declared in this
scope
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `charsetdecoder.lo'
>
> Did you find a solution? How?
>
> Thanks.

Still didn't test the library within the app but checked with ldd. I solved
issue you stated by adding libiconv to my build toolchain. I am working with
Buildroot so had to add BR2_PACKAGE_LIBICONV=y. Basically you must have
libiconv.so in your toolchain path to solve issue you are having.