Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/19 16:59:38 UTC

Advanced newbie questions

Hi all,
I'm evaluating turbine for my project
(there is strong wish to move away from Struts/JSP)

It would be nice if you could pon�nt me to where
to look and what to hack to achieve this.

I'd like to:
Use velocity templating, and some turbine services
with clear directory layout
( i.e. I want that when I'm accessing url
/foo/bar/blurge.vm , screen module for it
would be located in /foo/bar/blurge.vm , and not in
/templates/screens/foo/bar/blurge.vm . I managed to
get rid of /templates , but not "screens" - it's OK
to place layouts & navigations in separate
subdirectories, but it's somehow ugly for "screens")

While playing around with Turbine/Velocity
I discovered some strange things:

1. $link.setPage seems to prepend "/template",
even if I said that templates live directly in /
Why? Shall I use different tool?

2. Why using "," to separate path elements? This gives
extremely ugly URL's?

tia,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >